This colorful and refreshing salad can be served as a side dish or a relish, adding to the beauty as well as to the nutrition of your meal. Beets have a special health benefit as they are a great blood tonic and blood builder.
The pungency of beets may aggravate Pitta, but by adding cooling cilantro, occasional enjoyment is acceptable for Pitta types.
Beet Salad with Yogurt & Spices
- Heat the ghee in a small skillet over medium heat and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and asafetida. Stir until the seeds pop, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the curry leaves, turmeric, and cilantro. Mix and take the skillet off the heat.
- Stir the beets and yogurt together in a bowl.
- Add the cooled spices to the beet & yogurt mixture.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix and serve.
Learn More Ayurveda
Interested in taking your life to the next level? Want to lead a life bountiful with rich relationships, constant success, and soul-satisfying passion? Ayurveda provides the means to manifest the greatest, happiest, and healthiest YOU!
At Sadhana we have multiple options to dive deeper into Ayurveda. We’d love to assist you through the path of empowerment!
- Sadhana’s 200hr Ayurveda and Healing Training: Enjoy 10 months of magical living exploring and internalizing time-tested practices to bring health and vibrancy to yourself, your family, and your friends.
- Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching: What you eat and how you live provide you with the fuel to keep motivated, strong, enthusiastic, passionate, and positive. Regardless of your age, physical condition, or occupation, Sadhana’s Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching will get you healthier, happier, and more successful than ever.
- Sadhana’s 200hr Yoga Teacher Training with Emphasis on Ayurveda: Are you a yoga practitioner wanting to deepen your practice or share your passion as an instructor? Our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training merges the sister sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda. Empower through individual attention, personalized sequencing, and full body-mind-spirit expansion!