Since time immemorial, dates have been used by cooks and healers as an important food and medicinal source. Dates provide iron and copper for the blood, fiber for healthy elimination, vitamin A for the eyes, potassium for the heart, B-vitamins, tannins, magnesium, manganese, vitamin K – these are just a few of the many nutrients in dates, making them one of the healthiest foods in the world.
There is something very pleasant, calming and almost meditative in the process of making this healthy and delicious dessert. Although better eaten freshly made, these pistachio stuffed dates can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for several days. Bring them to room temperature before serving.
Pistachio Stuffed Dates
Yields 20 Stuffed Dates
- Slightly dry-roast the pistachios in a skillet over low heat for about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Pit the dates by making an end-to-end cut deep enough to remove the pit, but not so deep as to cut the date into two halves.
- Pulse the pistachios in a food processor until roughly chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add cinnamon and salt. Mix. Add the honey and mix until the pistachio pieces stick together relatively well.
- Stuff the dates with the pistachio mixture.
Learn More Ayurveda
Interested in taking your life to the next level? Want to lead a life bountiful with rich relationships, constant success, and soul-satisfying passion? Ayurveda provides the means to manifest the greatest, happiest, and healthiest YOU!
At Sadhana we have multiple options to dive deeper into Ayurveda. We’d love to assist you through the path of empowerment!
- Sadhana’s 200hr Ayurveda and Healing Training: Enjoy 10 months of magical living exploring and internalizing time-tested practices to bring health and vibrancy to yourself, your family, and your friends.
- Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching: What you eat and how you live provide you with the fuel to keep motivated, strong, enthusiastic, passionate, and positive. Regardless of your age, physical condition, or occupation, Sadhana’s Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching will get you healthier, happier, and more successful than ever.
- Sadhana’s 200hr Yoga Teacher Training with Emphasis on Ayurveda: Are you a yoga practitioner wanting to deepen your practice or share your passion as an instructor? Our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training merges the sister sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda. Empower through individual attention, personalized sequencing, and full body-mind-spirit expansion!