Making this simple 3-ingredient strawberry preserve is a heartwarming and enjoyable summer project. During the whole process of making this delicacy, your kitchen and the entire house will be filled with a marvelous, almost intoxicating aroma. What a treat! Especially if you grow and/or pick the strawberries yourself. And if not, farmers markets are a wonderful source for fresh local berries.
Old World Strawberry Preserve
- Using a colander, quickly rinse the strawberries in cold water. Spread the strawberries on a towel to dry.
- Hull the strawberries.
- In a large ceramic or glass bowl, alternately layer the strawberries and the sugar making sure that the berries have lots of contact with the sugar. Add the lemon juice, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning transfer the mix into a wide saucepan or a jam preserving pan. Bring to a boil on low heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring very gently and skimming the foam. Remove from heat.
- In the evening bring the mix to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- On the second morning, bring the strawberries to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put the strawberry preserve while very hot into hot, sterilized jars and immediately seal with sterilized lids.
- Store this preserve in a dry cool place for up to one year.
Learn More Ayurveda
Interested in taking your life to the next level? Want to lead a life bountiful with rich relationships, constant success, and soul-satisfying passion? Ayurveda provides the means to manifest the greatest, happiest, and healthiest YOU!
At Sadhana we have multiple options to dive deeper into Ayurveda. We’d love to assist you through the path of empowerment!
- Sadhana’s 200hr Ayurveda and Healing Training (with cooking classes!): Enjoy 10 months of magical living exploring and internalizing time-tested practices to bring health and vibrancy to yourself, your family, and your friends.
- Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching: What you eat and how you live provide you with the fuel to keep motivated, strong, enthusiastic, passionate, and positive. Regardless of your age, physical condition, or occupation, Sadhana’s Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching will get you healthier, happier, and more successful than ever.
- Sadhana’s 200hr Yoga Teacher Training with Emphasis on Ayurveda: Are you a yoga practitioner wanting to deepen your practice or share your passion as an instructor? Our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training merges the sister sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda. Empower through individual attention, personalized sequencing, and full body-mind-spirit expansion!