Below we have listed 12 basic guidelines to help you and your fellow practitioners get the most out of your practices. It’s vitally important to cultivate respect for yourself, your peers and your instructors. This way, together we can foster a supportive community of healthy and happy yogis.
- Avoid eating or eat lightly and be well hydrated 2 to 3 hours prior to class.
- Arrive at Sadhana Yoga Studio at least five minutes before class is scheduled to begin
- Upon entering Sadhana Yoga Studio, remove your shoes and place them on the shelves downstairs.
- Wear modest, comfortable, non-restricting, lightweight clothing.
- Inform your instructor if you have an injury, medical condition or are pregnant.
- Before class, the Living Room is for low-voiced chatting and the studio room is for silent meditation and stretching.
- Leave valuables and personal belongings at home or in your car.
- Cell phones must be turned to silent or turned off and must left outside the studio room. If you are expecting an important call, please inform the instructor and/or receptionist.
- Avoid wearing perfumes or scents.
- Return all props when class ends.
- If you rent a mat, please return it to the receptionist after class.
- If you MUST leave early, please inform the instructor before class begins.