Welcome to Sadhana’s Yoga College!
Sadhana’s Yoga College is a Yoga Alliance certified 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Program with emphases on Ayurveda, leading private and group yoga sessions, teaching methodology, applicable philosophy, meditation, energetics, and personalized adjustments/modifications/hands-on assists. You will learn everything needed to transform your yoga passion into a lifestyle and, if you’d like, a successful career!
This affordable program conveniently meets one weekend per month providing you the time to assimilate the teachings while immersing yourself in a transformative yogic and ayurvedic lifestyle. Graduates will cultivate their own teaching voices and styles empowering them to lead profound yoga group and private yoga classes!
Enrollment is capped at 15 trainees to guarantee personal attention.
Submit your deposit today to ensure your space in our transformative program!
Class of 2018 Dates
Trainees will meet one weekend per month with assigned homework to be completed between sessions. Friday sessions are held from 6:00 – 9:00pm, Saturdays from 12:30 – 8:00pm, and Sundays from 11:00 – 6:30pm at Sadhana Yoga Studio. The schedule of weekend sessions for the class of 2018 is as follows:
|Session 1||September 8 – 10, 2017|
|Session 2||October 13 – 15, 2017|
|Session 3||November 3 – 5, 2017|
|Session 4||December 1 – 3, 2017|
|Session 5||January 5 – 7, 2018|
|Session 6||February 2 – 4, 2018|
|Session 7||March 9 – 11, 2018|
|Session 8||April 13 – 15, 2018|
|Session 9||May 4 – 6, 2018|
|Session 10||June 1 – 3, 2018|
Cultivate an intimately personal relationship with the transformational practice of yoga. Through Sadhana’s Yoga College, develop your unique voice and style and lead safe, inspirational, and memorable group & private yoga sessions. Our expert staff will guide you through an array of topics to encourage your development, growth, health, and joy! Topics include…
- Learn the Asanas (Poses)
- Exploration of 30 to 40 of the most common yoga poses including their benefits and contraindications.
- Modifications, adjustments, and hands-on assisting to make the asanas accessible to every body.
- Anatomy in Action! How the poses positively affect the muscles, bones, joints, and organ systems of the body.
- Discussion of yoga asana for special populations including prenatal and common injuries.
- Cultivate Mental and Spiritual Health
- Learn a variety of pranayama (breath-work) techniques to purify, clarify, and strengthen yourself and others!
- Experience deep relaxation and restorative yoga, then learn to teach the same.
- Practice different meditation techniques. Find the technique(s) that serve you. Encourage others to enjoy the peace of mind meditation gives.
- Acquire the Ultimate Teaching Toolset
- Learn how to put together life-transforming classes through sequencing, theming, clear instruction, demoing, and more
- Cultivate teacher’s empathy – the ability to know what every student needs regardless of his/her age, gender, experience, limitations, and wants.
- Develop your unique teaching voice and style through plenty of support, experimentation, practice, friendly constructive feedback, and one-on-one dialogues with Sadhana Yoga College’s lead instructor.
- Get a head start on your yoga teaching career through the business and ethics of yoga.
- Meet Ayurveda – Yoga’s Sister Science
- See the world in a new light by learning the basics of Ayurveda – 5 elements, 3 doshas (forces of nature), 20 physical qualities, 3 mental qualities, and 3 subtle essences.
- Discover your personal body-mind constitution.
- Find out how to serve private clients and group classes alike by knowing the body-mind constitutions of others.
- Learn basic diagnostic tools to understand the constitution of your private client or group class.
- See how time of year, time of day, music, setting, and other factors can affect a person or class.
- Wisdom Through Practical Philosophy
- Dive into the eternal teachings of classical texts such as the Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and/or The Bhagavad Gita.
- Learn the history of yoga to understand your lineage
- Explore Subtle Anatomy – create a healthy relationship with your own and help others perceive & work with their prana (energy), nadis (energetic channels), chakras (center of spiritual power), auras, and more.
- Be introduced to ancient diagnostic tools such as palmistry, numerology, and astrology which will help you uncover the truth of yourself and your students.
- Through guidance of yoga, pranayama, meditation, and philosophy, develop a personal spiritual practice.
Our expert teaching team is composed of skilled yogis, meditators, and Ayurvedic counselors. We are here to support your journey through positivity, support, feedback, patience, presence, and mentorship.
Danny – Lead Trainer
As a certified Ayurvedic Lifestyle Coach and E-500 Registered Yoga Instructor, Danny makes the healing sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda accessible, practical, and life affirming. He is the owner and lead instructor of Yoga and Ayurveda training programs at Sadhana Yoga and Ayurveda, a holistic health education center based in Northern New Jersey. His writings have been published by popular online blogs like MindBodyGreen.com, his YouTube videos have garnered tens of thousands of views, and he has served many via workshops and coaching programs conducted nationally and online.
Paul – Philosophy, Pranayama, and Meditation
As a yogi for lifetimes, master meditator, and divine transformational healer, Paul passionately, inspirationally, wisely, and lovingly shares practical knowledge about joyful, vibrant, and healthy living. He leads sold-out workshops and heals via his one-of-a-kind powerful Transformational Healing program.
Larisa – Ayurveda and Restorative Yoga
Larisa loves and lives Ayurveda. She is a certified Ayurvedic Practitioner through the National Ayurvedic Medical Association, and applies “the science of life” to every aspect of her lifestyle from cooking to gardening. She is constantly and enthusiastically inspiring others to enjoy the benefits of leading a more natural, Ayurvedic, and joyous life through her recipes, articles, gardening, teaching, workshops, and warm personality!
Sadhana Team – Asana and Assorted Topics
Enjoy private Friday evening yoga sessions and lessons in yoga applications from a rotating cast of adept Sadhana Yoga instructors. Cultivate your unique yoga style and take your practice to new heights through experiencing different teaching methodologies, learning from the experiences of seasoned teachers, and getting feedback from different perspectives.
Class of '18 Graduation Information
The Graduation Ceremony for the class of 2018 will be held on Sunday June 3, 2018. Family, friends, and Sadhana Yoga and Ayurveda students are encouraged to attend! More information about graduation will be announced closer to the start of the Yoga College ’18 semester.
In order to graduate, trainees must be considered proficient by the Yoga College Advisor based on their performance on quizzes, exams, practice teaching, homework, and in-session participation. Students at risk of not graduating will meet with Yoga College Advisor and may be assigned extra assignments in order to achieve Sadhana Yoga and Ayurveda’s Yoga College’s level of required proficiency.
We believe that cost shouldn’t inhibit a passionate seeker of yoga, compassionate server of humanity, and/or spirit seeking healing from pursuing a deep yoga exploration like this. Therefore, Sadhana’s Yoga College is not only among the most affordable yoga teacher trainings available, but also provides convenient payment options.
- Early Bird: $400 Deposit + $2250 = $2650 (Save $300! Trainee must pay in full by July 15, 2017)
- Single Payment: $400 Deposit + $2350 = $2750 (Save $200! Trainee must pay in full by September 8, 2017)
- Payment Plan: $400 Deposit + 8 Monthly Payments of $295 + 1 Monthly Payment of $190 = $2950 (Payments due one week before weekend sessions. Students are not allowed to continue program without payment)
Note: A non-refundable $400 deposit is required to reserve your space in the program. For those utilizing the month-to-month payment plan, this deposit will be applied for the final payments.